Linguine with meat sauce

I took a bit of a shortcut for supper tonight. The spaghetti sauce came from a jar. There, I've confessed, and now on to the rest of the supper. Tonight's daily plate features whole wheat linguine topped with jarred spicy tomato sauce and 96/4 lean ground beef.

This supper was super quick to make. I fried up the ground beef with onions, garlic and other seasonings a couple of days ago, when I made the Swedish meatballs. So, all that had to be done tonight was cook the linguine, warm up the meat and tomato sauce and combine them together. Oh, and I put on homemade 1/2 whole wheat French bread in the bread machine and let it rise this afternoon. I baked it while preparing the remainder of the meal so it came out of the oven piping hot just when the linguine was done. It was a quick and satisfying supper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adobo Pork Loin Chops

Chicken Breasts with Lime Herb Butter

Tex Mex Chicken