Spinach Alfredo Pizza

     Supper was a lot of fun tonight as we had "top your own pizza" night. I made whole wheat pizza dough in the trusty bread machine, divided it between everybody, and let them each build the pizza their own way. The result was a pepperoni pizza with stuffed crust; a half-pepperoni half-cheese pizza with stuffed crust; a mammoth deep dish pepperoni pizza so loaded with sauce it had to be eaten with a fork -- with stuffed crust; a barbecue chicken pizza for the wife; and my pizza was spinach and Alfredo sauce with mushrooms, chives, basil, red onion, jalapeno, lowfat turkey pepperoni, fresh cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives.

 Barbecue Chicken Pizza

 Half pepperoni Half cheese

 Monster Everything Pizza

Spinach Alfredo Pizza

     There are only four pictures, because one son was mostly done eating his pizza before I thought to break out the camera. In keeping with my attempts to improve my overall diet, my pizza was covered in vegetables with only a few slices of turkey pepperoni. I kept the cheese to a minimum, estimating I had less than two ounces of cheese. This was a great success and well within the calories I had left for the day. 
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adobo Pork Loin Chops

Chicken Breasts with Lime Herb Butter

Tex Mex Chicken