Sloppy Joes

     My real job is keeping me from truly pursuing food photography. Tomorrow, if time allows, I will be manufacturing a large diffuser to tone down the brutal Texas sun. Then, I'll also arrange for a white reflector. Between the two, I hope to avoid the harsh shadows in the last couple of days' photos. We'll see.

Sloppy Joes

Now, for today's plate. We had Sloppy Joes, potato rounds and fresh melons. The "joe" filling was a combination of 96/4 ground beef and lean pork sausage. Tomato sauce, Rotel original and various other spicy ingredients finished the dish. I'm pretty much a "dump it in and see how it works" chef, but I've tried to recreate the recipe on the Recipes page. If you try it and it tastes terrible, one of two things has happened. Either I didn't get the recipe right, or your palate is more attuned to barbecued Spam. :) Hope you enjoy My Daily Plate today.

Comments

  1. hey for an easy reflector - you know those round pop open window visors for cars? they make great photography reflectors....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could always do fill flash. But today's pic is not bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandi! I got a couple of great ideas from a professional food photographer. She uses a heavy sheet across her window for a diffuser when she is shooting indoors. Then she uses a big piece of white foam board for a reflector. I'm going to build a redneck diffuser from 1X2s and some gauzy, filmy fabric, and go to Hobby Lobby for the big piece of foam board for a reflector. Shouldn't cost more than a few dollars and I think will make a big difference in the final pic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adobo Pork Loin Chops

Chicken Breasts with Lime Herb Butter

Tex Mex Chicken